Thursday, November 30, 2006

WALKING: MY MOTIVATION

Some of the readers ask me how I keep myself motivated for walking. As I have discussed every person have different motivating factors. Anybody can find out a motivation for walking provided the person sits down does a little analysis.

In my profile have noted that, I am from a family which has diabetes and hypertension history. I dread these diseases. I would like to postpone them as long as I can. And I am fond of eating good food too. I am in some kind of dilemma, so I found the easy way out. Do some exercises and control your eating, but don’t overdo and underdo both. Try to find a balance and have my share of fun in life.

That is the precise reason I choose the name of my blog “walkforfun”. Interestingly now writing for the blog is another motivation for me. I go through many webpages, newspaper articles, brochures, recollect and compile them for the blog; that keeps me very motivated for my walking.

I try to convince my friends for trying walking as exercise and also talk a lot about walking in my home with my husband, now he is motivated and I am getting benefits of walking with him.

I was thinking of getting a pedometer, another great motivator for 10000 steps a day. But I am postponing it as at present I am so motivated I don’t need anything. I am sparing it for future motivation. I will try to motivate myself by doing a real time analysis as I have discussed in future if that is needed at all.

Keep walking.

No comments: